We live in a world where we have a lot of different energies pulling us this way and that. Sometimes these energies can be too much for us to handle and we feel like we have reached a breaking point. This is part of being human and there is a lot of beauty in overcoming emotional issues, however it can be exhausting at times. Something that many of us have a hard time doing is asking others for help. Many of people don’t realize how much their emotional issues actually take a toll on their overall health, including their body. Fortunately we live in a world we have a great more tools and resources at our disposal. People are constantly finding ways to help us deal with our emotional concerns. One of the ways that people have found they can help alleviate some of their emotional stress is through the use of essential oils.
Essential oils can help alleviate emotional stress by lifting your spirits. There are many essentials oils that have various forms of anti-depressant properties. Part of this is because smell brings you back to different times of your life. Smell will rarely transport you to a time when you were unhappy which leaves only a pool of happy memories to be recalled. Then of course certain smells bring out certain mood responses and also affects people in a very individual way so people need to be sure to pick scents that they love. So which oils help with what?
1. Citrus oils such as sweet orange or lemon help by lifting your spirits and can help balance and boost your mood, mental focus and energy levels. You can blend citrus oils with pretty much any of the oils listed below.
2. Basil is excellent used for calming the mind and body. Try using it with bergamot and/or a citrus oil like orange.
3. Roman Chamomile is widely known for its calming effects. You can mix this scent perfectly with geranium and lavender. You can use this in your bath before going to bed or create a spray and spray you sheets before crawling into them at night.
4. Bergamot is a fresh and bright oil that is used for helping people feel less overwhelmed. It naturally lifts your spirits. Try this with neroli and vanilla to really bring out the calming properties.
5. Lavender is one of the most well known and beloved of all essential oils. You can add lavender to pretty much anything: bath tubs, linen spray, cleaning supplies, etc. Mix lavender with frankincense oil for a peaceful effect or brighten it up with orange to brighten your mood.
6. Frankincense is amazing for focusing the mind and general relaxation. Try mixing it with cedarwood or sandalwood to enhance the effect! Create the perfect atmosphere for meditation and spiritual recharge.
7. Geranium is one of the most uplifting of all mentioned and of course is extremely balancing. Mix it with vetiver or patchouli to bring out its depth. It is grounding and relaxing.
No matter what your emotional concerns may be, find yourself an essential oil combination that speaks to your spirit and lightens your mood.